Monday, October 15, 2007

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake, © 2007 Barbara Sistak Baur, 11"x14", acrylic, $400
In my on-the-shelf paint box, I found a never-opened tube of "structural" paint I picked up some years ago. It came with plastic tips like the kind you get with cookie decorators. The idea is you replace the cap with a tip and then squeeze the paint into the shape you want. And as luck would have it, the tube I found had orange paint! Okay, I said to myself, this should be just the ticket for me since I was in the middle of doing a Carrot Cake, shown here. I am pleased with the resulting carrots and thought I had solved my textural shaping problems. Unfortunately, this paint is no longer made -- so it is back to doing it by scratch for me!
Here is the pie part of "Carrot Cake." It has lots of volume.
This piece has some wonderful texture. Here is the signature.

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...