Thursday, July 27, 2023

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 -- Many sketchbooks where destroyed! It looks like mine us one of them. At least, I cannot find it in my searches -- I am assuming it is lost. But I digitized it before sending it off to the Brooklyn Art Library so it available here. For more information about Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbooks and what happened to them, https://greenpointers.com/2022/03/04/the-sketcbook-project-suffers-a-fire-during-the-transportation-of-the-books-to-their-new-home/


Here is my original post form 2020 --

My sketchbook is part of the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project, Volume 16. The Sketchbook Project at the Brooklyn Art Library is a crowdsourced collection of sketchbooks from around the world. Sketchbooks are issued by the library to anyone who would like one. You fill it up and send it back and it joins the thousands of others in the library. From there, they are shared with the country going out on tour hosting pop-up residencies, drawing events and school visits, all using the core principle of anyone can participate in creativity. I wanted to be a part of that. For the discipline. For prosperity. For the fun. 


I’m sharing my sketchbook I submitted for Vol. 16, 2020. Nothing fancy, just some fun. 


Covid Chronicles 2020

Sheltering-in-place

Viewed best in full screen.




The Sketchbook Project at the Brooklyn Art Library is a crowdsourced collection of sketchbooks from around the world. 


You can do it, too. 

brooklynartlibrary.org


Sketchbooks are a place for learning, experiencing, experimenting and having fun. No pressure. Yet, they impose a kind of discipline. Drawings or works must go down on the paper to fill them up. If there is a theme, you are rarely at a loss for ideas. 


No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...