Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Art Friends, October 31, 2007

Hello Everyone –

Does anyone NOT like chocolate cake? I don’t know why it took me so long to do a chocolate cake. Probably because I didn’t see a good one until now.
Chocolate Cake, 9”x12", acrylic, $300, framed.
© 2007 Barbara Sistak Baur

I decided to focus on the one cake, as I have been doing recently. When you work on a single item, the shape takes on a new importance. In addition, this allows me to experiment on the background with shadows and highlights. Notice how the light on the bakery pan follows the cake. The chocolate color lets me use warm hues. I also had to experiment with new techniques to apply the long green ribbons.

Warmly,
Barbara Sistak Baur, Artist

Now Online http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/
-- I have just completed another commission – this is a painting of a dream house. To see it, go online and click on the Commissions topic.
-- I have started a new topic, Event Pics. When I am at a show, I try to remember to take some pictures and post them online. New today are pictures of the Chicago Art Open and the Fall into the Arts festival at the Walkup Heritage Farms in Crystal Lake. Go online and click the Events Pics topic. And, if you see me at a show, remind me to pull out my camera, will you?

Now On Display
-- Lemon or Cherry? is a bakery painting that is part of the Village of Algonquin Public Art Display. This will be on display until November 2008. It is being shown at a public school so it might be hard to see. But, if you want to view the painting, go online and click the Bakery Art topic. Scroll down until you see it.

On the Easel
--Another commission –This is an expressionistic painting of a vintage tractor. It is really different and I love doing it. I can’t wait to show you when it is done.
--The Friends of the Algonquin Public Library have commissioned two of my art tables with a library theme. I am just getting started on those. More on these as they progress. In the meantime, to see an art table with car art, go to my car art blog, http://baurart.blogspot.com/ then click the topic Car Art Table Top.

Barb's Blog
Fresh Paint! - Paintings, Sketches and Studies
http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/

Yes, please go ahead and forward this to a friend.

Feedback and correspondence are always welcome.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you would like to continue receiving Art Friends, click barbarabaur@comcast.net and type "Yes, Art Friends." On the other hand, if you would like to stop receiving Art Friends, I understand. Click reply to this email and just type “unsubscribe.” Thanks for your friendship!

Art Friends and all images are ©2007 Barbara Sistak Baur and all rights are reserved. If you wish to copy this material to other publications or mail lists, great!! Just let me know so I can give you permission. Thanks for your respect.

Barbara Baur Art
Lively, Textural, Vibrant
3404 Highland Dr.
Island Lake IL 60042
and
2944 S. Harlem #4
Riverside IL 60546
708-372-2798
barbarabaur@comcast.net

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...