Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Art Friends, August 20, 2007

Hello Everyone --

Please join me at the upcoming Artist's Reception at the Caffé Luna where my exhibition, Sweeter by the Dozen, an impasto painting display, is currently showing. I think of an artist's reception as simply a nice little party where I can meet with friends and art aficionados in a festive atmosphere. It will be on Saturday, September 8 (that is less that two weeks away, can you believe it?), from 2-4 pm. The Caffé Luna is in Crystal Lake, IL, on Rt. 14, in front of Hobby Lobby.

Four brand new works -- The Baker, Cheesecake, Cheesecake and Pie and Cake Reflections -- will be unveiled at the reception. So even if you have seen the exhibition already or have looked at the works online (if you have, thank you so much for visiting), come to the reception to see the new works! And, there will be other surprises.

I sincerely hope I will see you there. But if you can't make it, I understand and will put the new works online after the reception -- check it out after September 8.

Warmly,
Barbara Sistak Baur, Artist

Now Online
Last time I mentioned that I was working on a commission for a good friend of mine, who wanted two paintings for her downtown Chicago condo. They are finished and are now posted online. At my site, click the Commissions topic.

Now On Display
-- Sweeter by the Dozen at the Caffé Luna in Crystal Lake (in from of Hobby Lobby) through Sept. 30. Mon-Sat from 6 am to 6 pm, Sunday 7 am to 3 pm. An impasto painting display.
-- America's Car I & II, car-art tables, at the Algonquin Public Library through Sept., part of the Village of Algonquin Public Art program, a year-long display.

On the Easel
The Baker is a piece just about ready to come off the easel. I love it because besides the luscious pie, the baker himself is present. But not in the way that you might imagine. He is a burly kind of guy who is shown as he just dropped off the pie and is hurrying off to other important duties. This piece will be ready for the September 8 reception.

Fresh Paint! - Paintings, Sketches and Studies
http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/

Car Room Art for the Ultimate Garage
http://baurart.blogspot.com/

Yes, please go ahead and forward this to a friend.

Feedback and correspondence are always welcome.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you would like to continue receiving Art Friends, click reply and type Art Friends. On the other hand, if you would to stop receiving Art Friends, I will be sad but reply to this email and let me know that, too. Thanks for your friendship!

Art Friends and all images are ©2007 Barbara Sistak Baur and all rights are reserved. If you wish to copy this material to other publications or mail lists, great!! Just let me know so I can give you permission. Thanks for your respect.

Barbara Baur Art
Lively, Textural, Vibrant
3404 Highland Dr.
Island Lake IL 60042
and
2944 S. Harlem #4
Riverside IL 60546
708-372-2798
bsistak@comcast.net

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...