Friday, June 29, 2007

Chicago Flowers


Chicago Flower II Chicago Flower I
Images © 2007 Barbara Sistak Baur

These two paintings were created to hang in a North Michigan Ave. condo. The owner wanted to grace her bedroom walls with art that complemented her emerging theme. She told me that she liked large abstract shapes and a lot of texture. I visited her residence and viewed the room and existing decorations. We decided the fabric on her bedding would be the inspiration for the artwork. We measured the walls and determined the size. These paintings are 32” tall and 16” wide. They are installed on either side of a window overlooking city rooftops. I think of them as urban-designed flowers and have named them as such.

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...