Friday, May 3, 2013

Sketches by Picasso at AIC


I visited the Picasso in Chicago exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago this week.  Awe-inspiring, of course. Galleries upon galleries filled with all things Picasso from all stages of his career.  I have observed his paintings often at the AIC.  So I was particularly intrigued by his sketches, drawings and studies.  It is wonderful and eye-opening to peek into the creation process of a great artist.  And these works fulfill that wish for me.  I snapped some quick images and placed them here. Picasso in Chicago closes on May 12 -- so hurry if you want to see it.
A still life.

A portrait

Study for a cafe scene

Seated figure

Posing figure

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...