Friday, April 2, 2010

Live Demo at High School


Carol Bristol, high school art teacher at the Westminster Christian School in Elgin, IL, invited me to give a live painting demo. Well, I was more than a little nervous, never having done a live demo before in front of actual people!  But they were studying Wayne Theibaurd and working on cake paintings.  So who better to give a live cake painting demo then yours truly?  So I agreed.  The class was delightful!

We started out talking about Wayne Theibaud and how my work is the same and different. 


I passed around paintings so the students could look
at them up close.














The class asked great questions.


Then, it was time to get to work! 
The students were very interested in learning 
about the impasto media that lets you do very thick paintings.














And, I was able to show the students exactly how to mix the paint and apply it to the canvas.  I went on to show different texturing techniques.
















They loved looking and touching!











I could tell that the students were very interested in these painting techniques.
They had several paintings to look at.  I hoped to offer a variety.
Thank you, Carol Bristol and students!!

 

-- Barb
www.SistakBaur.com

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...