Sunday, November 1, 2009

Strawberries and Kiwis

The cool weather is putting me in the holiday mood – or maybe it’s the holiday arts and crafts shows that are starting up. Whatever the reason, I decided to feature this festive red and green painting of a strawberry and kiwi tart.
Strawberries and Kiwis, 11"x14", acrylic, framed. $400. © B. Sistak Baur
If you look at this painting up close (double click the image to enlarge), you’ll see that the paint is lavishly applied. The challenge I had was painting on top of the textured background. The background was applied first so it impacted all the following layers. I resolved it by continuing the loose style over the entire painting.
--Barb
www.SistakBaur.com

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...