Monday, April 14, 2008

Sample Studies

The first thing I did was meet with the team to get their ideas and thoughts on how they imagined their tables would look. They also began collecting small library memorabilia. Back at the studio, I created small studies of a few ideas that I could show them. There were 6”x6” each.



I first showed three studies. The first one shows an open book with a border of several smaller library items. This type of border would be on any of the design they choose. The cupola study represented the new library building. The third is a “stack o’ books,” sort of piled in a haphazard fashion. The team liked the open book, didn’t like the cupola as the main focus but to have that somewhere else in a table and wanted a stack of books, but more orderly.

I provided another study of the neatly stacked books and that was approved.

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...