Friday, April 18, 2008

Art Friends, April 14, 2007

Greetings!

Today, I am featuring a commission I just completed for the Algonquin Area Public Library – two art-inspired end tables of my own design. The tables feature library-themed paintings on the top. Actual pieces of library memorabilia are adhered to the painting and the entire surface is encased in a protective resin. This allows you to put the tables into actual use, as they are today. The two tables flank easy chairs in the main library at 2200 E. Harnish Dr.
I am showing just one table here so I don’t overload your email. The other one appears on my blog, as well as photos of the creation process. I show and describe the steps from the blank canvas to intermediate paintings to the final step of putting the table legs on.

Let’s hope for a nice spring!

Warmly,
Barbara Sistak Baur, Artist

P.S. I would like to thank the Friends of the Library for funding the tables and library officials who spearheaded this project. There are Vicki Tobias, Head Of Adult Services; Louis Nee, Assistant Administrative Librarian; and Deborah Morton, Graphic Designer.

Now On Display
-- Fresh Express Cafe, 35 E. Burlington, Riverside, IL, continues for another week. Hours are Mon-Sat, 6:30am-4:30pm.
-- Women's Works, Old Courthouse Arts Center, Woodstock, IL, until April 26. Hours are Wed-Sun, afternoons.
-- Algonquin Public Art Display, Eastview Elementary School, showing Lemon or Cherry?, until October 2008.

Now Online http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/
-- Step-by-step illustration of creating the Library Art Tables. Click on the Library Tables topic.

On the Easel
-- Fruit-topped cookies are featured in paintings now in-progress. I have recently completed a painting with desserts on a café table and with a cake covered in shaved chocolate. They’ll be on my site soon. I am still working on a painting of bread –but with a new twist.

Feedback and Correspondence
-- Always welcome. If you have comments or there is something you would like to see in Art Friends, please let me know.

Forward this Email
Yes, please go ahead and forward this to a friend. By the way, if this email has been forwarded to you, you are not automatically added to my e-letter list. If you would like to continue receiving Art Friends, I need to hear from you. Click barbarabaur@comcast.net and type "Yes, Art Friends."

New to Art Friends?
By the way, I continue to "clean up" my address book and find friends that I think might enjoy Art Friends but may not be getting it. So I decided to send it to you. If this is the first time you have received this, I say "Welcome!" I hope you like it. However, if you would rather not receive it, please let me know (see the next paragraph).

Unsubscribe
If you would like to stop receiving Art Friends, I understand. Click reply to this email and just type “unsubscribe.” Thanks for your friendship!

Copyright notice
Art Friends and all images are ©2008 Barbara Sistak Baur and all rights are reserved. If you wish to copy this material to other publications or mail lists, great!! Just let me know so I can give you permission. Thanks for your respect.

Barbara Baur Art
Lively, Textural, Vibrant
3404 Highland Dr.
Island Lake IL 60042
and
2944 S. Harlem #4
Riverside IL 60546
708-372-2798
barbarabaur@comcast.net
barbarabaur.blogspot.com

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...