Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Art Friends, March 18, 2008

Greetings All,
I know it has been quite a while since I sent an Art Friends eletter. The beginning of the year saw me traveling quite a bit and working to finish some critical projects. Finally, I feel like I can take a breath and catch up.

Meet the Artist -- There will be a "meet-the-artist" day this Saturday, March 22, from 10am-2pm at the Fresh Express Cafe where I have artwork currently on display. The Fresh Express Cafe is at 35 E. Burlington, Riverside, IL. The display continues through March and the first part of April and is open from 6:30am-4pm, Mon-Sat. I hope you can stop by.

Women's Works -- I am very pleased to announce that my artwork has, once again, been selected for the Women's Works Fine Arts Show. This is an annual event and has grown in stature with each year. Artists apply from across the U.S. ensuring very high quality. Yes, this is a show by women and it presents women's unique perspectives. But, you know what? Even my husband appreciated the work. Woman's Works runs through April 26, at the Old Courthouse Arts Center, Woodstock, IL, "on the square." The art center is open Wed-Sun in the afternoons. My two works there are Grand Bakery and Cheesecake and Pie. You can also see those on my site.

Well, that is enough news for now. Next time, I will tell you all about the art-tables I have just completed for the Algonquin Public Library!

Warmly,
Barbara Sistak Baur, Artist

Now On Display
-- Algonquin Public Art Display, Eastview Elementary School, showing Lemon or Cherry?, until October 2008.
-- Fresh Express Cafe, 35 E. Burlington, Riverside, IL, until April 12. Hours are Mon-Sat, 6:30am-4:30pm.
-- Women's Works, Old Courthouse Arts Center, Woodstock, IL, until April 26. Hours are Wed-Sun, afternoons.

Now Online http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/
-- Carol's Gift (Motorcycle), a commission I just completed before Christmas. A great study of a powerful motocycle. Click on the Commissions topic.

On the Easel
-- I have a couple of things in the works. One is shelves & shelves of bread! (Some of you have asked to see this.) Another one has desserts on a quaint little cafe table.

Barb's Blog
Fresh Paint! - Paintings, Sketches and Studies
http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/

Feedback and correspondence are always welcome. If there is something you would like to see in Art Friends, please let me know.

Yes, please go ahead and forward this to a friend. By the way, If this email has been forwarded to you, I want you to know that you are not automatically added to my e-letter list. If you would like to continue receiving Art Friends, I need to hear from you. Click barbarabaur@comcast.net and type "Yes, Art Friends."

On the other hand, if you would like to stop receiving Art Friends, I understand. Click reply to this email and just type “unsubscribe.” Thanks for your friendship!

By the way, I continue to "clean up" of my address book and find friends that I think might enjoy Art Friends but may not be getting it. So I decided to sent it to you. If this is the first time you have received this, I say "Welcome!" I hope you like it. However, if you would rather not receive it, please let me know (see the previous paragraph).

Art Friends and all images are ©2008 Barbara Sistak Baur and all rights are reserved. If you wish to copy this material to other publications or mail lists, great!! Just let me know so I can give you permission. Thanks for your respect.

Barbara Baur Art
Lively, Textural, Vibrant
3404 Highland Dr.
Island Lake IL 60042
and
2944 S. Harlem #4
Riverside IL 60546
708-372-2798
barbarabaur@comcast.net

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...