Sunday, December 9, 2007

Art Friends, December 9, 2007

Hello Everyone,
Tis the season to shop, decorate and bake. Speaking of baking, here is the latest effort from my easel -- Cherry Pie. The pie part of this painting features the thick-paint technique I use. This is set against the “flat” pan and stand. However, I give this portion a lot of texture with the paint strokes themselves. I also wanted to use the colors throughout the image in all objects. So you see the pie crust color in the glass, background and table. The same is true with the “cherry” color.
Cherry Pie, 24"x20", acrylic, framed, $975

The holiday season is in full swing and holiday art shows abound. If you are looking for something really special for someone, consider a gift of art! How unique and it will be treasured for a lifetime -- that is what my clients tell me. And, if you are the one that would like art, drop a big hint. Go online (or to a holiday art show) and point to what you want.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Warmly,
Barbara Sistak Baur, Artist

Now On Display
-- Woman Made Gallery -- Holiday Bazaar -- 685 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, from Nov. 23-Dec 26. Hours are Wed-Fri noon-7 pm; Sat-Sun noon-6 pm.
-- Holiday Gallery Art Sale at the Old Courthouse Art Center, Woodstock, Il, "on the square". Starting Friday, Dec 14th through Christmas, the Old Courthouse Art Center will be open EVERY DAY. What a great way to give a gift of art!! Also in Woodstock, the Northwest Area Arts Council art show is on now through Jan 4.
-- Riverside Art Center at 32 E. Quincy. Art show runs Nov 27-Jan 4. Stop by. The gallery is open Wed-Sat.
-- Village of Algonquin Public Art program. Lemon or Cherry is on year-long display.

Now Online http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/
-- Antique Tractor, a commission I just completed. It is a Christmas gift! Click on the Commissions topic.
-- Studio Cat, a tribute to my longtime feline companion who had been an unwitting "warm up" model over the years. Click on the Studio Cat topic to read about her and see many of the sketches.

Newly Acquired
--Two of my works, “Eat Cake II” and “Choose Your Treat”, have been acquired by the McHenry County Government Center. They will become part of the county art collection and be on permanent display in the McHenry County Courthouse. Thank you, Sue Stelford, Curator. To see these artworks at my site, click on the Bakery topic.

On the Easel
-- I am working on two art tables for the Algonquin Area Public Library. They will have a library theme but are styled after my car art tables which can be seen at my Car Art Blog. Click the topic: Car Art Table Top or Wall hanging. By the way, I am also documenting my progress with photos on this project which I will share with you when I am done.

Barb's Blog
Fresh Paint! - Paintings, Sketches and Studies
http://barbarabaur.blogspot.com/

Feedback and correspondence are always welcome. If there is something you would like to see in Art Friends, please let me know.

Yes, please go ahead and forward this to a friend. By the way, If this email has been forwarded to you, you are not automatically added to my e-letter list. If you would like to continue receiving Art Friends, I need to hear from you. Click barbarabaur@comcast.net and type "Yes, Art Friends."

On the other hand, if you would like to stop receiving Art Friends, I understand. Click reply to this email and just type “unsubscribe.” Thanks for your friendship!

By the way, I did a "clean up" of my address book recently and found many friends that I thought might enjoy Art Friends but had not been sent it before. So I decided to sent it to you. If this is the first time you have received this, I say "Welcome!" I hope you like it. However, if you would rather not receive it, please let me know (see the previous paragraph).

Art Friends and all images are ©2007 Barbara Sistak Baur and all rights are reserved. If you wish to copy this material to other publications or mail lists, great!! Just let me know so I can give you permission. Thanks for your respect.

Barbara Baur Art
Lively, Textural, Vibrant
3404 Highland Dr.
Island Lake IL 60042
and
2944 S. Harlem #4
Riverside IL 60546
708-372-2798
barbarabaur@comcast.net

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...