Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Geechi in Studio

Geechi in Studio, 12"x9", charcoal on paper, in the sketchbook
© 2007 Barbara Sistak Baur, cat mom
Here is Geechi on her chair in the studio. I caught her while she was sitting quietly. So long as I didn’t talk to her, she kept pretty still. But the level of sketchiness demonstrates the very short time I have to sketch her. Because I never know how long I have, I concentrated on getting just her more finished. By the way, the longest sketch I ever did of Geechi was about 45 minutes and that was the portrait in the first entry. Most are 2, 3, 5, 1o or 15 minutes.

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...