Friday, October 5, 2007

Artist's Statement - Bakeries

Ahhh, bakeries! Who can resist them? Bakeries are such a treat for all of our senses. The hypnotizing smell lures us in. The shelves of delights entice us as we hear the pans slide onto racks. We anticipate the sensation on our fingers and tongues -- and they do taste wonderful. When I visit colorful and bountiful bakeries and I am so mesmerized by the sweet offerings, my senses demand I devour them! So I do -- with paint!

My art career is never static and never completely mastered. Everyday, I grow and expand my skills. In each painting, I practice new techniques and ideas. Sometimes they work and sometimes not. They are never wasted. Vincent Van Gogh said, “I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it.” I continue to learn art on my own and through a variety of studies.

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...