Sunday, September 23, 2007

Brown Woman


This is done in oil pastel which has a completely different feel than charcoal. It is very loose and abstract. Renderings done with oil pastel are considered paintings rather than drawings. This one has a tropical feel. This figure, as all of them, was started during my figure workshop, Valley Arts Club. This is a group that gets together every couple of weeks and we hire a model. There are no instructions, no teacher -- just several artists working together. When I get them back to the studio, I finish and polish them. I choose the small size because is it suitable for the short drawing time we have at the workshop. 6"x8", oil pastel, framed. $120

No comments:

The Sketchbook Project at Brooklyn Art Library (Video)

Update:  I just discovered that there was fire involving the sketchbooks in the Brooklyn Art Library Sketchbook Project in February, 2022 --...